THE BLUNT POST with VIC is a prime-time breaking & headline news radio show. Host Vic Gerami offers analysis, commentary, and interviews high-profile public figures, such as members of Congress, dignitaries, and celebrities.
A noted journalist, a columnist, Vic Gerami is also the host and producer of his one-hour radio show, THE BLUNT POST with VIC, on Independent Radio KPFK 90.7 FM, part of the Pacifica Network. The show airs Monday mornings at 7:00 a.m. when Gerami covers breaking and headline news, analysis, commentary and interviews high-profile public figures. Gerami is also the editor and publisher of The Blunt Post.
Gerami’s most recent interview was with CA Congressman Ted Leu. You can watch a preview here. Prior to that, Gerami interviewed then Presidential Candidate Marianne Williamson, whom he interviewed a week before she suspended her campaign. You can listen to the entire interview here, and watch a preview here.
Today reaching national international audiences, Gerami first built a foundation of knowledge and skills by learning the media industry during his years at Frontiers Magazine, followed by positions at LA Weekly and Voice Media Group. For the second time, Gerami was selected as a finalist in the Los Angeles Press Club’s National Arts and Entertainment Journalism Awards “Columnist of the Year” category in 2019, having first made the final round of consideration in 2017. His celebrity Q&A column, ‘10 Questions with Vic‘ is internationally syndicated.
The Wall Street Journal featured Gerami as a “leading gay activist” in its landmark 2008 coverage of opposition to Proposition 8, the ballot measure that for years denied same-sex couples in California the freedom to marry. In addition to his years of volunteer work as a leading advocate for marriage equality, later Gerami went on to serve as a Planning Committee member for the historic Resist March in 2017. Vic Gerami is also a founding board member of Equality Armenia.
In 2015, Gerami was referenced in the landmark Supreme Court civil rights case, Obergefell v. Hodges, in which the Court held in a 5–4 decision that the fundamental right to marry is guaranteed to same-sex couples by both the Due Process and the Equal Protection Clauses of the Fourteenth Amendment to the United States Constitution.
Vic Gerami is a contributor to the Windy City Times, LGBTQ San Diego County News, Star, DC Life Magazine, Out & About Nashville, Q Virginia, GNI MAG, QNotes, GoWeHo, Asbarez, California Courier, Desert Daily Guide, Armenian Weekly, GED, The Pride LA, IN Magazine, OUT Traveler, The Fight and The Advocate Magazine, among others.
- THE BLUNT POST with VIC, Interviews with Congressman Raul Ruiz and Congresswoman Barbara Lee
- THE BLUNT POST with VIC, Episode 11, Interviews with Congresswoman Grace Napolitano & Sepi Shyne
- THE BLUNT POST with VIC, Episode 10, Congresswoman Norma Torres
- THE BLUNT POST with VIC, Episode 9, Interview with Congresswoman Baragan
- THE BLUNT POST with VIC, Episode 8, Interview with Congressman Jim Costa
- THE BLUNT POST with VIC, 105th anniversary of the Armenian Genocide
- THE BLUNT POST with VIC, Episode 6, Interview with Congressman Tony Cardenas
- THE BLUNT POST with VIC, Episode 5, Monday, March 6
- THE BLUNT POST with VIC, Episode 4, Interview with Congressman Adam Schiff
- Promo: Congressman Schiff on THE BLUNT POST with VIC
- THE BLUNT POST with VIC, Episode 3, Interviews with Congresswomen Maxine Waters and Judy Chu
- THE BLUNT POST with VIC Episode 2, CoronaVirus 3.16.20
- THE BLUNT POST With VIC Episode 1 Congressman Ted Lieu & Marianne Williamson 3.9.20
- Exclusive Interview with Marianne Williamson
- KPFK Thanksgiving Special The Blunt Post with Vic: Featuring Ed Begley Jr.