Thank You! I am a 7x Finalist for the LA Press Club’s 62nd Annual Southern California Journalism Awards!
Thank You! I am a Seven-Time Finalist for the LA Press Club’s
62nd Annual Southern California Journalism Awards!
By Vic Gerami
Thank you! I am honored to be a finalist for SEVEN LA Press Club 62nd Annual Southern California Journalism Awards. Thank you to everyone who has supported me and to all the outlets who published my work. A special thank you to KPFK 90.7 FM (Pacifica Network), the station that carries my radio show, THE BLUNT POST with VIC, Mondays, at 7:00 a.m. (PT).
Previously, I was a finalist for the Los Angeles Press Club’s National Arts and Entertainment Journalism Awards’ “Columnist of the Year” category in 2019, having first made the final round of consideration in 2017. Both years, I was a finalist for my syndicated celebrity Q&A column, ‘10 Questions with Vic.’
Please see below seven categories for which I am nominated. A BIG thanks to the Los Angeles Press Club for the opportunity, the recognition, and the honor. Congratulations to all my co-nominees as I am honored to be in the company of such an esteemed group.
• Angelika Albaladejo, Capital & Main, “Child Law Penalizes Moms for Abusive Partners”
• Vic Gerami, The Blunt Post, “LGBTQ Armenians Face Resign of Terror”
• Patrick Range McDonald, Housing Is A Human Right, “Garcetti-fication: A Gentrification Cautionary Tale”
• Lisa Niver, Ms. Magazine, “What Growing up X Taught Ilyasah Shabazz about Feminism”
• Patrick Shanley, The Hollywood Reporter, “’Damn It, That’s Huge:’ Actors With Down Syndrome Are Finding More Work in Hollywood”
G3. COLUMNIST: One person’s point of view on any subject
• Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, The Hollywood Reporter, “
• Vic Gerami, The Blunt Post, “10 Questions With Vic”
• Naiia Lajoie, Manila Up! International Magazine, “So Busy: Keeping Up with Jannelle So”
• Anita Little, Playboy Magazine, “The Pleasure of Not Being Respectable”
• Katherine Mangu-Ward, Reason, “Impeachment Is Both the Cause and the Effect of a Too-Powerful Presidency”
J6. PERSONALITY PROFILE/INTERVIEW, Over 20 Minutes
• Natalie Brunell, Career Stories on Apple Podcasts, “Willow Bay, Dean of USC’s Annenberg School & Former CNN
• Moneyline Anchor”
• Scott Feinberg, The Hollywood Reporter, “‘Awards Chatter’ Podcast— George Clooney (‘Catch 22’)”
• Vic Gerami, The Blunt Post, “Interviewed Presidential Candidate Marianne Williamson”
• Jeff Goldsmith, The Q&A with Jeff Goldsmith Podcast (also Backstory Magazine), “Eighth Grade Q&A — Bo
• Deborah Zara Kobylt, Deborah Zara Kobylt LIVE, “Susan Olsen – Actress, Advocate & Radio Host”
K14. PERSONALITY PROFILE
• Susan Bell, USC Dornsife Office of Communication, “Paleontology’s Wild Child”
• Vic Gerami, Writer, “Social Justice Drives Sepi Shyne”
• Susan Karlin, Fast Company, “How Poppy Northcutt cracked NASA’s boys’ club and became a feminist icon”
• Barbara Kingsley-Wilson, Long Beach Post, “Longtime schools chief contemplating retirement/when is a trick question”
• Randy Lewis, Los Angeles Times, “He’s not just a former president. Jimmy Carter is also a nine-time Grammy nominee”
• Brian Addison, Long Beach Post, “Brian Addison of the Long Beach Post”
• Chandra Bozelko, Creators Syndicate, “The Outlaw – Insider Perspective on Criminal Justice”
• Randy Economy, www.watchourcity.com, “ Los Angeles Largest Corruption Case Unfolds – My Front Seat To The Investigation & Felony Charges Against County Assessor John Noguez”
• Vic Gerami, The Blunt Post, “10 Questions with Vic”
• Ruksana Hussain, Cuisine Noir Magazine, “African-American entrepreneurs” Investigation & Felony Charges Against County Assessor John Noguez”
• Norberto Santana, Jr., Voice of OC, “Santana: The Pesky Public”
• Benyamin Chao, VoiceWaves, “California’s wall between immigrants and health care”
• Vic Gerami, Writer, “12 Steps For Pete Buttigieg, For President of the United States”
• Owen Gleiberman, Variety, “What Barack Obama’s Year-End Movie List Reveals About Him”
• Ryan Lo and Chandra Bozelko, NBC News Think, “Paul Manafort’s stay at Rikers won’t be called ‘solitary confinement.’ But isolation has many names.”
• Ryan Lo and Chandra Bozelko, The Week, “What Democratic candidates need to admit about criminal justice reform”
K17. POLITICAL COMMENTARY, Local: One person’s point of view
• Vic Gerami, The Blunt Post, “Who is Councilmember Paul Krekorian Working For?”
• Daniel Guss, CityWatchLA, “Love and Political Lessons from a Special Needs Rescue Dog”
• Damien Newton, StreetsblogLA, “Proposal for No-Speed-Limit Highway Widening Is Partisan Trolling”
• Roberto Santana Jr., Voice of OC, “Quick Housing Options Needed to Spur OC Homelessness Efforts”
• Chantera Walton, VoiceWaves, “Can we rid the shame of community college already?”
Stay in Touch
About THE BLUNT POST with VIC
THE BLUNT POST with VIC (TBPV) is a national breaking and headline news show on Independent Radio KPFK 90.7 FM. After the headlines, I offer analysis and commentary about the news, current events, and newsmakers. TBPV airs on Mondays at 7:00 a.m. (PT) and reaches over 11 million households in Southern California. Following the LIVE broadcast, the show is available at KPFK.org and on iTunes, Stitcher, Tune-In, SoundClound, and Spotify.
A few recent guests include Congressman Adam Schiff, Congresswoman Jackie Speier, Congressman Tony Cardenas, Congresswoman Maxine Waters, and Congresswoman Judy Chu, Congressman Mark Takano, Congressman Jim Costa, Congressman Gil Cisneros, Congresswoman Norma Torres, Congresswoman Grace Napolitano, Congressman Raul Ruiz + Congresswoman Barbara Lee, Congresswoman Linda Sanchez, Congressman Alan Lowenthal, as well as Marianne Williamson.
About The Blunt Post
The Blunt Post is an independent and progressive news journalism, entertainment and opinion web magazine, with a direct and straight-forward approach.
We provide a mix of long-form articles, news and commentary and politics and social justice, entertainment news, interviews, and travel stories. It is a platform for writers, editors, photographers and other powerful voices to express diverse viewpoints and opinions.